- 2010 New York Press Club Award for Feature Reporting on the Internet for a story about a homeless single mother and her daughter; readers responded with offers of assistance including housing.
- Freelance work regularly featured on AOL’s Welcome Screen; regularly assigned feature stories by top editors.
- 2002 Gerald Loeb Award for Distinguished Business and Financial Journalism for uncovering federal violations at Raytheon. Story prompted Securities and Exchange Commission investigation and enforcement action.
- Published in Time.com, American Banker, Motley Fool, Institutional Investor, NBC News.com, The New York Times, The New York Daily News, eFinancial Careers, Business Week, DealFlow Media, NewsWorks, and Philadelphia Inquirer; appeared on BBC World Service, CNBC, Al-Jazeera, Bloomberg TV and radio. Stories linked to by Felix Salmon of Reuters, The Huffington Post, Fox News.com and The Atlantic.
- Freelance writing regularly published since 2006
MSN (New York, NY) |Contract Writer| November 2011-presesnt
- Invited to contribute to Top Stocks blog
- Provides analysis on Fortune 500 companies
- Assigned feature stories by top editors
- Write scripts for “Killer Companies” video show
InvestorPlace Media (Bethesda, Md.) |Contributor| May 2011-present
- Chosen to contribute to leading independent business news site
- Assigned stories to top editors
- Stories linked to by leading news organizations
- Apeared on CNBC
Risk and Insurance (Horsham, Pa.) |Contributor| May 2008-2012
- Write articles for “bible” of risk management industry
- Regularly interview executives and risk managers
- Assigned stories by top editors
AOL (New York, NY) |Contract Writer| September 2006-April 2011
- One of the top pageview generators for AOL’s business and economics website DailyFinance
- Contributed feature articles and commentaries to AOL’s BloggingStocks and WalletPop, AOL’s investing and personal-finance sites, respectively. Also assisted with copyediting.
- At DailyFinance, beat larger media outlets on major news stories related to the Haiti earthquake and the Gulf Oil spill.
- Coverage includes a wide variety of business, political and cultural stories.
24/7 WallSt (New York, NY)| Freelance Editor and Writer | September 2008 to May 2011
- Assist with editing of one of the most widely read independent business websites.
- Write articles on a wide variety of articles on economic and social issues including autism, teacher’s salaries and cereal sales.
- Stories have been cited and published by partners including The Huffington Post and The Atlantic.
TheStreet.com (New York, NY) | Senior Writer| September 2005-September 2006.
- Covered top Internet companies including Google, Amazon and eBay for financial news website.
- Interviewed top Wall Street analysts, shareholders and executives.
- Wrote about Web trends, including blogging, online video and fantasy sports.
- Work cited in Wall Street Journal, Washington Post and New York Times’ DealBook Blog.
- Awarded performance-related bonuses for citations and for writing the most stories in a month.
Bloomberg News (Princeton, NJ) | Reporter | 1997—September 2005
- Covered multiple beats for one of the biggest business news companies in the world, with articles appearing in more than 300 publications. Knowledge of corporate filings, income statements and earnings analysis.
- Regular contributor to monthly Bloomberg Markets magazine.
- Wrote about TV, film, and publishing; followed companies such as Time Warner, NBC Universal and Disney.
- Served on technology team from 2002 to 2004, writing news and features about high-profile companies such as IBM; covered earnings, M&A and breaking news such as the proliferation of spam and growth of Linux. Explained technical subjects in plain English.
- Covered the defense industry from 2000 to 2002; wrote about commercial aviation and companies such as GE and Tyco International.
- Handled utilities-and-energy beat from 1997 to 2001; interviewed top executives from companies such as Southern and Duke, as well as government officials; covered earnings, M&A activity and energy/environmental policy.
- Regularly recognized in memos highlighting staff’s best stories.
Bridge News (Houston, TX) | Reporter | 1996—1997
- Covered energy for international news organization; cultivated sources among traders and executives.
- Wrote on electricity, natural gas and gasoline sectors; reviewed state electric deregulation proposals.
Inside Washington Publishers (Arlington, VA) | Reporter | 1993—1996
- Covered EPA and Congress for national newsletter company with subscribers including members of Congress, lobbyists and government officials.
- Wrote on environmental rules and legislation, developed reliable sources in the automobile, manufacturing and petroleum industries.
Today’s Sunbeam (Salem, NJ) | Reporter | 1991—1993
- Covered local and county government for daily newspaper.
- Wrote on business and the environment and interviewed local business and political leaders.
- Covered police, city council and school board meetings.
Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) | Bachelor of Arts, Communications | 1991
- Reporter for Temple News, the university’s daily student newspaper; freelanced for the Philadelphia Inquirer as a student.
- Minored in Political Science.